Friday 10 February 2012

... About Procrastination and Broken Promises

Especially broken promises. There's just too much happening since I first began my new life here in college! Friends! Lessons! Teachers! The sky's the limit! Of course, by this point I'm very absolutely sure that none of you readers out there are believing anything I'm saying. For that, I apologise. I also apologise for the absence of  the promised photos of my most-illuminating Singapore trip. I know it's a Saturday morning as well, and as I have promised to update on Sundays and Fridays, I apologise for bullshitting. 

All remorse aside, I remember telling my friends that bets are on to see how long it would be before I forget about this blog completely. Well, not exactly forget - but procrastination definitely plays a huge role in my absence. Self-deprecating humour would very much be appreciated now. 

Right, so what happened the past few weeks? A lot. That much I can tell you, some unfortunately I do not wish to divulge here in such wide open (read: public) spaces. But first off, let me tell you that some of it has been amazing. Certain events more than others. Like the time I slipped and fell outside the Dining Hall? Larry, Mo and Curly would be so proud of me right then. Nyuk nyuk nyuk. It's true. The good Lord only knows what the college cleans their floors with because this wasn't the first time that happened. Hang on. Let me rephrase that: It wasn't the first time I slipped, but certainly the first time I fell. The first time taking place outside the academic room. It all happened so soon. You think you're late for class, power walk across the tile floors, grab the handle, pull it open and before you know it: you're yelling blue murder and gripping onto the door knob as your body contorts itself in the most awkward of positions. I kid you not, it all happened so fast yet so slow. 
                                        
Nyuk it up, you jerks.
The second time it happened, I had no frigging clue what the heck went on. It took me less than a second before I'm on my back and staring at the ceiling in disbelief while my friend had herself in tears and was doubling up with laughter. It doesn't get any better than this.

Note to college: If you're going to wax your floors or troll your students, please do so with little yellow sandwich-boards. My arm was even sticky upon touching the floor. 

Thin Lynn has thunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment