Friday 30 December 2011

... About Shameless Self-Promotion

The other day I was chatting to a friend on Facebook and she asked me this: "Why do you shamelessly self-promote your blog?" The answers to that, my dear friend, are these:
  • I do not have a shred of dignity left in me any more.
  • I am much less popular than what I've managed to convince myself. (In my mind, I am a gorgeous cheerleader who sings with forest animals and only have to bat my eyelashes to get others to come hither)
  • This is only the first step to Internet fame. (although less-than-regular blog posts are not helping with my case)
Yes, readers. I am still adamant on keeping this blog. I am very sure that I have gotten only funnier since my last blog; and a good deal wittier, too.

Speaking of being funny, this is comedy gold.

On an unrelated note, how was your Christmas? Mine was the same (Read: Another Christmas spent at home and weeping over Love Actually while my parents attend any parties they have that night as popular members of our community) . With the exception of a surprise gift from my parents.

 
How do you do?
A chihuahua which they obviously hunted, had it stuffed and turned into a handbag for me. Parents could not have gotten any more creative for Christmas this year. Much like any novelty item they have bought for me without my knowledge, I like it. I REALLY do, but I still have yet to find an occasion that calls for a handbag in the shape of a chihuahua that couldn't even fit my phone.


But hey, I'm not complaining. Being a girl, I think it's one of the most adorable things I have ever seen and my inner socialite feels FABULOUS! Eat Tinkerbell (or whatever is your current pet), Paris Hilton. My chihuahua holds my money for me and if I try hard enough, it will - WILL - return my affections. One day; someday. I think I shall call my chihuahua Daisy. Not because of the flower behind her right ear that looks a lot like a daisy but because she just looks like a Daisy.

Before I part with you here, I believe I'm going to start doing regular updates the best I can. Probably on Fridays and/or Sundays. Shameless self-promotion on my blog obviously isn't very clever and gets me nowhere but any publicity is good publicity. Now where did I keep that sex video ... ?

Thin Lynn has thunk.

P.S. I will be in Singapore from the 3rd to the 7th, so I wouldn't be able to update on Friday. However, I can update on the Sunday after my arrival which will be ABOUT the Friday and we wouldn't have any losses there.

No comments:

Post a Comment